When you become a member of the Services Center Federal Credit Union, you are becoming part owner. In order to take advantage of what the Credit Union has to offer you must meet certain eligibility requirements. These requirements can vary from credit union to credit union, but at Services Center FCU we have what is called a “Community Charter”. This means you must meet at least one of the following:
- persons who live, work, worship or attend school in, and business and other legal entities located in Yankton, Bon Homme, Douglas or Hutchinson Counties of South Dakota, Knox or Cedar Counties of Nebraska;
- spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- employees of this credit union;
- members of the immediate family or household; and
- organizations of such person.
Once your membership eligibility has been determined, you establish the membership by opening a share (savings account) account. A minimum deposit of $10.00 is required to open a share account and you must maintain at least the $10.00 balance in order to remain a member of the Credit Union. After the share account has been opened, a member can begin taking advantage of loans and all the other services the Credit Union has to offer!
Remember, once a member of the Credit Union ALWAYS a member. If you should move out of the field of membership, you are still considered a member, granted you keep the minimum amount required in the share account and you keep all accounts active.
Please contact the Credit Union if you have any questions about determining your membership eligibility.