All SCFCU Checking Accounts include a FREE* Mastercard or Visa Debit Card.
- No monthly or annual fee
- Easy and convenient to use
- Safer than carrying cash or checks
- Use worldwide where Mastercard or Visa are accepted
- Transactions are withdrawn directly from your checking account
- No per transaction charge on SCFCU ATMs
- Overdraft Protection available
How to Get a Card
Simply stop in any of our branches or call a Member Service Representative at 800-491-4309 to learn how to get your FREE* Mastercard or Visa Debit Card.
*Replacement cards are subject to a $10 fee.
Lost or Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card during business hours call 605.665.4309 or 800.491.4309.
After business hours, call:
Mastercard Hotline 800.528.2273
Visa Hotline 800.847.2911
Debit Card Roundup
Build your savings by automatically “rounding up” each debit card purchase with Debit Card Roundup
Turn your SCFCU Debit Cards on and/or off if your card becomes lost or stolen with the SCFCU Mobile App
You can choose to receive alerts when your debit or credit card is used for purchases over a specified amount, online transactions, purchases outside the United States, and more. You can even customize the purchase amount threshold—for example, setting it to only receive alerts for purchases above $50.
To set up your Activity Alerts, ensure your SCFCU app has been updated through Apple or Google Play, then:
- Logon to the app
- Select Enable Push Notifications
- Select Edit Alert Settings
- Select which card you want to modify
- Select Enable Activity Alerts
- Repeat these same steps for each card you want protected
How to Protect Your Card Information
Credit and debit card fraud occurs through a variety of channels. Here are a few things you can do to protect your information:
- Carry only the cards you need.
- Cover your hand when entering your PIN.
- Check for skimmers on ATMS or gas pumps before inserting your card.
- Be cautious when using your card for online shopping or gaming. Make sure the site is secure and legitimate.
- Don’t save card information in your web browser.
- Never give your card information over the phone. Unless you initiated the call and trust the company.
- Never leave the tip or total line on a signed receipt blank. These may be changed after you signed the receipt.